Cookies are small text files that the majority of websites and apps use to hold information that allows for a better experience for the user.
Cookies can perform lots of different jobs from ensuring a smooth experience to remembering user preferences and previous visits. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Cookies can behave in two main ways:
- Sessions cookies: Last for as long as you are on a website and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies: These stay on your computer or device after the browser has been closed and last for a specified period of time. They sit dormant on your device until you re-visit the website that created them or their life span expires (at which point they are deleted).
- Activity Tracking: Cookies that anonymously collect information about visits to our website, such as number of pages viewed, time spent on site and what links were clicked.
- User Behaviour: Cookies that know when you have visited certain pages in order to retain information that might be useful to you such as cars you have added to a compare list, items added to an accessories order if you have visited the website of one of our dealers.
- Site Stability: Cookies that ensure you have a stable experience by keeping you on the same server for the duration of a visit.
- Advertising Cookies: Cookies that collect anonymous information about the adverts you might have seen. We use this data to measure the success of our communications across media channels, including other websites, social media and search engine advertising, and to serve you adverts in the future that are most relevant and related to your previous visit(s). The data we collect about you is purely behavioural and contains no personal information.
There are various ways to control your cookies. Be aware that most of them will affect all websites you visit not just the Strongdor website (unless you specify that you only want to block cookies from certain websites).
Most modern browsers have built in features to allow you to manage your cookies:
It is also possible to opt out of having your browsing activity tracked by analytics cookies. We use the following analytics services which you can opt out of.